URBAN ARMOR GEAR LIMITED WARRANTY – UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (“LIMITED WARRANTY”)
URBAN ARMOR GEAR, LLC. (“UAG”) warrants its UAG branded products (collectively, the “UAG Products”) against defects in material or workmanship under normal use for the applicable Warranty Period listed below for each category of products, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Limited Warranty.
UAG PRODUCT TYPE & WARRANTY PERIOD
Standard mobile phone and tablet cases - Lifetime of the Products
Mobile phone and tablet cases with integrated functionality such a keyboard: USB hub, card reader, battery, or other electrical components - One (1) year from the original date of purchase of the product, except for products purchased within California after July 1, 2023, one (1) year from the later of the date of purchase or the date of delivery of the product to the consumer
Clothing, apparel, backpacks, bags, watch straps, laptop cases, cases for hearables, and all other products - One (1) year from the original date of purchase of the product; except for products purchased within California after July 1, 2023, one (1) year from the later of the date of purchase or the date of delivery of the product to the consumer
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. Non-Transferrable: This Limited Warranty is non-transferable and covers only the original end-user purchaser of the UAG Product.
2. Exceptions: The Limited Warranty does not apply to:
• defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the UAG Product;
• cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, and broken plastic, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
• protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
• defects caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, or other external cause;
• defects caused by use of the UAG Product other than for its intended purpose;
• damage or defects caused by alteration or modification of the UAG Product in any way or any service performed by anyone who is not a representative of either UAG or one of its authorized resellers; or
• any UAG Product that is not purchased from UAG or one of its authorized resellers.
Warning about Unauthorized Resellers:
Because UAG cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized resellers, this Limited Warranty applies only to UAG Products that were purchased from UAG or an authorized reseller located in the United States of America, unless otherwise prohibited by law. In addition, UAG is not responsible for (and this Limited Warranty does not apply to) any goods manufactured by third parties, including counterfeit goods or imitations of UAG Products, smartphones, tablets, or other portable electronic devices. Many resellers who sell through Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Newegg.com, eBay.com, or other online sites are not authorized resellers of UAG Products. When purchasing UAG Products on these sites, it is important to note the “sold by” information stated in the UAG Products listing. If you are uncertain as to whether a seller is a UAG-authorized reseller, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making a purchase.
Major Authorized Resellers*:
• EBay.com: The only UAG-authorized reseller on eBay.com in the United States is the official Urban Armor Gear eBay store (http://www.ebaystores.com/URBAN-ARMOR-GEAR). UAG Products purchased from any other sellers on eBay will not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
• Amazon.com: UAG Products sold by UAG-authorized resellers on Amazon.com are described as being “Sold by URBAN ARMOR GEAR® and Fulfilled by Amazon”, “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com”, or “Sold by Hybrid Brands and Fulfilled by Amazon”. UAG Products purchased from any other sellers on Amazon.com will not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
• Walmart.com: UAG Products sold by UAG-authorized resellers on Walmart.com are described as being “Sold & shipped by Urban Armor Gear Official”. UAG Products purchased from any other sellers on Walmart.com will not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
* This is not a complete list of all of UAG’s authorized resellers, but rather only major authorized resellers and those that are authorized to sell online, including through online marketplace websites. Again, if you are uncertain as to whether a seller is a UAG-authorized reseller, please contact us at email@example.com prior to making a purchase.
Non-U.S. Sales: For sales outside of the United States, please contact our customer service team to determine whether the seller you are purchasing from is a UAG-authorized reseller.
IF YOU ARE COVERED BY AN APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW OR REGULATION IN YOUR STATE AND/OR JURISDICTION OF PURCHASE OR RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS TO YOU UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO YOUR OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES UNDER SUCH LAWS OR REGULATIONS. SUCH BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES OR RIGHTS RELATING TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UAG PRODUCT AND REMEDIES APPLICABLE IN THE EVENT OF A DEFECT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL BE INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS THAT APPLY TO YOU IN ANY STATE AND/OR JURISDICTION, AND ANY PROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY THAT CONFLICTS WITH ANY SUCH RIGHTS OR BENEFITS IS NOT APPLICABLE TO PURCHASERS COVERED BY SUCH LAWS OR REGULATIONS, SO THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY MAY NOT APPLY, OR MAY NOT FULLY APPLY, TO YOU.
SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
If a warranty claim is approved by UAG, UAG will either: (1) replace the defective UAG Product with a direct replacement or (2) if the original product is no longer available or out of stock, replace the defective UAG Product with a replacement product of equal or greater value. This Limited Warranty is a purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy for defective UAG Products and only applies to and is non-transferrable from the original end-user purchaser.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THOSE STATED HEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UAG SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF SUCH DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS NOT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD APPLICABLE TO THE UAG PRODUCT AS SET FORTH ABOVE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF APPLICABLE LAW SPECIFIES A MINIMUM LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD THAT IS LONGER THAN THE PERIOD SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THEN THE WARRANTY PERIOD FOR UAG PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO SUCH LAW WILL BE CONFORMED TO THE MINIMUM PERIOD SO REQUIRED. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL UAG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF A UAG PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF VALUE OF A UAG PRODUCT OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED IN OR WITH A UAG PRODUCT, OR LOSS OF USE OF A UAG PRODUCT OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED IN OR WITH A UAG PRODUCT, EVEN IF UAG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UAG HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION TO ELECTRONICS DEVICES OR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY THAT ARE CONTAINED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE UAG PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LAPTOPS, SMARTPHONES, CELLULAR PHONES, MP3 PLAYERS, DVD PLAYERS OR OTHER HANDHELD DEVICES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA CONTAINED IN THE FOREGOING DEVICES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED HEREIN AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE), THE ENTIRE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF UAG AND ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCESS
To submit a warranty claim, please visit https://urbanarmorgear.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or contact UAG by mail at:
Attn: Customer Team, 1601 Alton Pkwy., Suite C, Irvine, CA 92606
All warranty claims must be accompanied by proof of purchase from UAG or the UAG authorized reseller, two (2) pictures of the UAG Product that is subject to the warranty request, and an identification of the model of UAG Product at issue. Please note that you are responsible for costs incurred in mailing UAG any requested materials and information.
Once we receive your UAG Product, we will evaluate your claim within 10 business days to determine if the returned product meets the criteria of our Limited Warranty. If we determine the product is not eligible for warranty action, we will return the product to you at our expense. However, if the product meets the criteria of our warranty replacement policy, we will remedy the defect according to the terms set forth in this policy.
Last Updated: October 26, 2022